The majority of homeowners don’t think too much about the parts of a refrigerator before it shuts down, or before it is time to replace it. In order to get the most from this important appliance it can be useful to understand how a refrigerator keeps your food and drinks cold—and Calhoun Appliance Repair is here to help.
Read on to learn what you should know about how refrigerators work, how it cools your food and drinks and if it is time to connect with refrigerator repair.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There are not too many houses that do not have a refrigerator in the kitchen. It’s been a standard kitchen appliance for a lot of years. A household refrigerator stores food at the best temperature, to prevent spoiling and limit the growth of bacteria. The cycle of refrigeration works by moving the warmth from inside of the unit to the outside, by relying on principles of condensation and evaporation.
The main components of your refrigerator are. For questions or service call Calhoun Appliance Repair:
The refrigerator compressor is both a pump and a motor, and it is need for circulation of refrigerant in the cooling system.
A compressor is an important piece of a refrigerator. You should call on a professional service if the compressor isn’t working.
The refrigerator condenser is found on the back exterior panel of the refrigerator and helps to disperse the heat built-up from within the refrigerator then out to the surrounding air.
The refrigerator evaporator is installed in the inside of a refrigerator where absorbs heat contained inside of it, thereby lowering the temperature inside the appliance.
Once an evaporator isn’t working, it’s time to find a professional. Do not wait until it is too late.
Liquefied coolant is transferred through a capillary tube that serves as an expansion device to cool the gas inside, thereby turning the gas into liquid.
The refrigerator thermostat regulates the temperature in the interior of the refrigerator, starting the cooling period as it is needed.
The thermostat in a refrigerator is prone to issues. Troubleshoot and hire a contractor in CITY for repair right after an issue happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. The moment the temperature in the interior of a refrigerator rises above the set point sensors notify the refrigerator compressor to engage, and then the next cooling cycle begins. The refrigerator draws in the cool liquefied refrigerant, then condenses and pressurizes the liquid, and increases the temperature, so it can turn into a gas.
2. The refrigerator compressor unit directs the heated gas in the direction of the condenser coils located on the exterior of the unit, at which point it comes into contact with the lower temperature in the kitchen and reverts to a liquefied state.
3. The cooled refrigerant then continues its trip to the refrigerator evaporator, pushing through the coils within the refrigerator and top freezer section.
4. The refrigerant absorbs the hot air from within the appliance, thereby returning the temperature until it has reached the best set point.
5. The refrigerant then will evaporate, and will turn back into a gas, and returns to the compressor unit so it can continue the cycle.
Refrigeration is found in many applications and appliances, including heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and freezers. By removing warmth from a single location and distributing it to somewhere else the continuous cycle of refrigeration contributes in cooling your house, provides a perfect environment for perishable food, and also helps with the manufacturing and storage of several different common products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator need repair? You can schedule repair with Calhoun Appliance Repair.
Calhoun Appliance Repair is able to fix most standard brands of refrigerators – including restaurant models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our technicians in CITY undergo training to fix problems with cooling, ice makers, condensation, puddles and leaks, lighting, touch controls, smart systems and numerous other problems. We know all about refrigerator repair!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2021  Calhoun Appliance Repair